3.31.2015

Influential Art - Beautiful Chaos

.    As many of you may know, Logan and I have purchased a house! After spending nine years away from my hometown, (Lexington, Montana, leitchfield, california...) I'm returning to my roots.
     While I was gone, I developed a love of art and travel, and I met so many people who were instrumental to those things. When I enrolled in Rocky Mountain School of Photography's amazing program, I didn't know how many talented artists I would meet along the way. I met peers, mentors and teachers who inspired, challenged, and helped shape me into the photographer I am today.
     My next photography project will be a compliation of art from those who have inspired and led me in my journey- from a budding young photographer to the artist I've become today. RMSP graduates, teachers and friends, I would be honored to purchase a piece of your art for our new home and my collection of influential individuals. The kicker? I want you to choose the photo. Part of the beauty of photography is the amazing individuality of it all- landscape photographers, portrait photographers, still life, food photographers; there is a genre for everyone. How boring we would be if we all shot landscapes! Or, if we all were fashion photographers! My hope is that with this installation, the beauty of our difference styles and techniques will blend together, complimenting each other, becoming a certain "beautiful chaos." Please choose your art carefully. There is no need to select a "safe" piece. The point is not to make the art look good in my home, or match my decor. The idea is to choose an image that's dear to your heart- reflects your style as an artist, and speaks volumes as to who you are.
     Thanks so much to those who have already contributed to this project- I can't wait to share the end result with you!
     Those who are interested in joining this project, please email me at bclemonsphotography@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment